Python is an open source language used for detailed statistical analysis, testing and modelling. It is considered object-oriented and is often used for building reusable code patterns.
Popular Python packages for data science include:
- NumPy (Numeric Python, for performing calculations over entire arrays)
- Matplotlib (for data visualisations)
- SciPy (for scientific and technical computing)
- Scikit-Learn (for machine learning features like regression and clustering, interactive with NumPy arrays there are numerous functions for evaluating classification, clustering and regression models)
- Pandas (for data manipulation and analysis using data frames)